Well I am at a loss on what to write about these days. I am truly sorry for not posting more often, but I am always thinking that my life is not that interesting. But then I think the reason I read other blogs is not because I think that their lives are so much more interesting, but because I am genuinely interested in what is going on in their lives. So I will try to give you a recap on what has been going on in out lives as of lately.
Well this year has not been a bed of Roses for Joel and I. We have been working through some truly hard things in out marriage, and are having to really rely on the Lord for him to help us through our problems. Although there are a number of reasons for our problems, we have been given a lot of changes and challenges in the last two years, and in those times we have not relied upon God, but on our own worldly selves. we have been so thankful for the counsel from a lot of friends and family throughout this whole. we have focused a lot of our times in Gal. 5 and found that we both personally our sinners. We have found that we can not point the finger at the other person, because we are the sinners, and we are no better than the other.
The House, is still a work in progress. We have one more room that needs to be mudded, and a two that need painting. We then will have to lay down the new flooring in the living room and kitchen, and carpet in the new bedrooms. There is still a lot of little details, like trim, cabinets moving of appliances, and setting up the pantry and toy closet that need to be done. We hope to finish all up really soon.
Joel and I are also excited about the Mission trip to Togo Africa we will be taking this August. Togo is in West Africa, and we will be going to Northern Togo to help build a Hospital. We are going to be going with a team from our Church. Joel and I are very excited about this trip and are excited that some of our closest friends are going to be going. I am personally the project coordinator for this trip, so it has put a lot of responsibility on my plate, but it keeps me out of trouble.
Phillip, Phillip, Phillip, where do we start with Him. Well His vocabulary, as I said it would, has taken off. He is coming up with new words every day. We have started Potty training, which we feel is going to be a slow process, but we are willing to put in the effort and see it through. Phillip is keeping us on our toes, he is very bright and can follow complex directions we give him. the other night Joel gave him a plate to take outside and put the food in the dog food dish and bring the plate back in. and he was able to do all the steps. If I had to make one guess about Phillip's future profession, after truck driver and tractor, I think it would be Lawyer. He just really does not like it when you give him an answer he doesn't want to hear, and is ready to make change the facts so that it works to his advantage.
No comments:
Post a Comment